Thank you for your participation in the Capitol Federal® Shred Days held in Topeka, Lawrence, Kansas City, Manhattan, Emporia, Salina and Wichita. Our local partners, Iron Mountain® and Document Resources, Inc., securely shredded the materials collected sending them to an approved recycler where the materials are pulped and reintroduced into the paper production process.
Capitol Federal continues to be proud of this service to its communities, working to protect and safeguard each person's identity. Our sincere thanks to all our customers who helped make our fourth annual Shred Days a success in the protection of their identity and their environment.
Through a 'Green Report', the Capitol Federal Shred Days reduced pollution by, and/or saved natural resources in the following amounts:
- Recycled Paper = 30,640 pounds
- Paper Material Weight - 15 tons
- Trees Saved = 260 trees
- Water Saved = 107,240 gallons
- Air Pollution = 9,192 pounds of air
- Landfill Reduction = 46 cubic yards
- Electricity Saved = 62,812 KW-hours
- Oil Saved = 7,047 gallons