You can use this form to add a stop payment on a single check or a range of checks. (This function should not be used to stop checks issued through our True Blue® Bill Payment service.)
Before setting up a stop payment, review your Account Activity to verify your check(s) have not been processed. Follow the steps below to aid in your review:
- Select Accounts tab along with the Activity sub-menu.
- Choose the appropriate account from the drop down list.
- Select Check from the Type drop down list.
- Choose the From: and To: dates to cover the appropriate period for your review.
- Select Display.
- Once the history is displayed, click on the Check No. column heading to sort the detail history into check number order.
- Check numbers that have already been posted should be excluded from your Stop Payment request.
A new stop payment is temporary, and will be in effect for 6 months.
Stop payments are subject to fees; please refer to the most recent version of our Disclosure Booklet.
Select whether you wish to place a stop payment request on a single check or a range/series of checks.
STOP PAYMENT ON SINGLE CHECK:
1. Select the Account for the check from the dropdown list.
2. Enter the Check Number.
3. Enter the Date the check was written.
4. Enter the Amount of the check in dollars and cents (includng the decimal).
5. Select from the dropdown list the Reason the stop payment is being requested.
6. Select Verify Stop Payment to continue the stop payment request, or to cancel this request without making any changes, select Cancel.
A verification screen will display for you to review and approve the request as entered. Follow the instructions provided on the screen.