To get started using Financial Management Tools, just follow the steps below:
1. Set Up Budget Categories and Dollar Amounts
- Click Budget Tools from the top menu bar.
- Click Add Category to Budget button from within Current Budget area.
- Select Category (or Subcategory) from drop down box.
- Provide a target dollar amount for budget category.
- Click Add.
2. Categorize Transactions
- Select Activity from the Accounts menu.
- Select an account and date range to find transactions to be categorized.
(Note: Transactions displayed in italics will not be available for categorization until the next day.)
- Select the text in the category column to add or change the category.
- Select a category/subcategory from the drop-down box.
- Add notes or check the Tax-Related box as needed.
- Click Save or Save & Memorize.
To view your monthly spending activity, select My Spending and choose a month from the drop-down menu. A pie chart will display the categorized transaction and budget items for the month. To view prior budgets, select Previous Budgets and choose a month from the drop-down menu.
If you would like to reuse a previous budget, import it by selecting Import previous month's transaction categories.
You can also create budget alerts that will notify you when you've exceeded your spending limit. Click the Alerts tab, then select Create Alerts. Choose Budget and follow the prompts to set up the budget alert.